I'm doing the Whole 30 - Join me! Find out more at whole9life.com




My 1st Experience

with the Whole30 Program and Paleo eating

Day 2 - September 8th, 2013

Today was my second day on the program.

It had some difficulties, but it wasn't really hard. The difficulties were mostly related to socializing. In the morning, my kids and I went swimming and after their swimming class they always ask for a popsicle. I don't really care about the popsicles, but the smell of popcorns usually tempts me. And it did a bit today.

Then in the afternoon, some friends came over so the kids would have a playdate. At first came only mommy, grandma and the 2 kids. I mentioned the program, they thought it was too much, too hard, and couldn't understand why I was doing it, since I was saying it was not for weight loss, but at least they respected and didn't give me a hard time.

Then daddy comes and he gives me such a hard time. To the point of being unrespectful. While he was only talking and making jokes, I didn't care much, because I was simply ignoring him. But came dinner time, we did some pasta for the kids and the other grown-ups ordered pizza for them, while I prepared some yummy whole30-compliant meal for myself. The problem is that I started my cooking too late and the pizza arrived before my meal was ready. I told them to go ahead and not wait for me. I wasn't really craving the pizza, but I was hungry. Then he cuts a piece of pizza and makes it flies over my face to tempt me. Really???? How old are you, boy?! Argh! I wasn't mad because I felt tempted to eat the pizza, just thought his attitude was stupid and unrespectful. But nevermind!

The important was that in spite of everything, I did great today and had some yummy meals.

Meal 1

For my first meal, I had eggs again. This time with sweet potatoes (yams) and spinach. For drinking, the now typical coffee with coconut milk. And after finished with the eggs, I had a handful of almonds.

First meal of Day 2

Meal 2

On my second meal I run out of meat, because the ground beef from the previous days was only enough for 3 and I haven't had time to prepare anything fresh. So I made a big salad with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, leeks, radishes and olives, and topped with sardines. To drink, I was already getting sick and tired of the plain water so I decided to get inspiration from the cafeterias at work, and made my own version of infused water, with some cucumbers and a tiny bit of radish. Then to finish, I had a pluot.

Second meal of Day 2

Meal 3

The last meal was the one I shared with my friends. While they were having their pizza and I was just hungry and waiting for my meal to be ready, I had a few dry-roasted macadamias. Then I finally had my meal, which was 5 stacks of eggplant, tomato, zucchini, onions and prosciutto, seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper and herb de provence. It was good, but I guess it would have been better if I let it cook a little longer. My hunger made me take it out of the oven too early, when the onions were still too raw. But it was still good. To drink, the same infused water from meal 2, as I made enough for a few glasses, and to finish it up, some grapes.

Third meal of Day 2

With the water problem somewhat solved, today I felt good. The only thing was the annoyance generated by my friend, but it was not a big deal on my motivation (it may actually even have even increased it. ;o)

Now to Day 3!

Previous Day

Next Day